We wanted to offer up a slice of normalcy - the weekly 7-O newsletter. Hopefully, this can be helpful to you as we navigate all of the new the next weeks. And if not, feel free to ignore it!
A few announcements:
I will try to gather as many blurbs from teachers as I can, here are the ones I have for this week.
English - Ripp:
Deadlines:
Please keep reading your book 2 hours+ a week if you are in a headspace for reading.
Please take the book access survey posted in Classroom.
Don’t Ask Jack short response due April 2nd end of day.
We will start with a welcome back day and then move into a review of analysis with a short story. Then the following two weeks will be focused on four different learning adventure choices in order to let you explore what feels good to you at this moment. Everything will be posted in Google Classroom. Please let me know if it is too much or too hard, I am here to help not overwhelm.
7O English (Gunst):
Will be so happy to hear from all of you on Monday. We are all learning together over the next few weeks, but for now I'm just happy to be hearing from all of you.
Geography (Stoller):
Our first few days of Geography will be low key with watching a screencast of a presentation I normally do as part of our Asia unit. Students will then choose one question/topic that want to learn more about and do limited research on that topic. Stay healthy everyone!
Spanish (Landsverk):
¡Hola! For Spanish next week, students will be completing two grammar guides. Packets and the slideshow for completing these can be found on Google Classroom, as well as their homework and Quizlets. Students can feel free to reach out by email with any questions or concerns. 4.1 and 4.2 Tarea can be completed using the Quizlets anytime and many students have already completed them. Gracias.
German:
Students may access all materials on Google classroom. I encourage students to keep fresh the vocabulary we have learned thus far by visiting and using the resources from the entire year. As we start 8th grade next year, we will go back to basics and start at ground level as a review of all material from this year. So I hope this calms any qualms you have about finishing this year.
In order to keep practicing by schedule, I will continue to add items into Google classroom. While they may not be scheduled on your student's particular day, they are scheduled in 2-day increments allowing for the every other day schedule. Please have them complete the activities for their scheduled day. My goal is to provide a weekly video (for listening input) and short materials to practice that.
Originally students were going to practice one more story, but distance learning proves to be a bit more challenging for that. I am being as creative as I can to give them as close to a normal experience as possible. Please contact me if you have any questions!
Science-Putnam
See Google Classroom. We will start fresh with a new unit, Genetics, on March 31st.
Feel free to email with any questions or concerns as we move forward through this process together.
Math - Gratzl:
Deadlines:
-What Do You Expect Review problems assigned on Thursday, April 2nd will be due in my Google Classroom by the end of the day on Monday, April 6th.
Questions to ask:
-What do you know about surface area and volume? (Our next unit will be on those concepts.)
Science- Krucas
Deadlines: The Human Body Systems Project is due Friday, April 6th by 11:59PM. If you are having trouble completing your project due to lack of materials, etc, please reach out to me and let me know. We can create a custom solution!
On the first day of the week I will post a question on google classroom for you to answer. This is just a check-in so that I get to hear from each of you! We are using our time next week to work on your human body systems projects. I will be available to answer questions. Everything we will be working on will be posted in google classroom for you to access. I can't wait to see all of your creative projects!
STEAM
Please watch Google Classroom for information and activities. Ask a lot of questions as we move forward. My "office" hours will be from 10 am to 12 pm daily
A few announcements:
- Online learning starts Tuesday, the 31st.
- No school March 30th, April 3rd, April 10th.
- Every teacher will have office hours throughout the week, all information and contact information will be sent in an official district email.
- Many teachers have a Connections group in Google classroom now as well this is our way of making sure everyone is connected. If we do not hear from a child at least once a week, we will reach out.
- Time spent in school designated learning activities per day should not exceed 4 hours and 55 minutes maximum - if you see your learner is overwhelmed or if you are feeling overwhelmed, please let us know. We are working through this together and have not done this before. There are bound to be mistakes made by us so communication is key.
- Guidance, food, tech help, and other resources are available to you - let us know how we can help.
- All assignments can be found here - this is our weekly calendar where you can see all assignments from each 7th-grade class. It is not fully updated yet but will be before Tuesday.
- The distance learning starting point for all grades is OregonSD.org/DistanceLearning
I will try to gather as many blurbs from teachers as I can, here are the ones I have for this week.
English - Ripp:
Deadlines:
Please keep reading your book 2 hours+ a week if you are in a headspace for reading.
Please take the book access survey posted in Classroom.
Don’t Ask Jack short response due April 2nd end of day.
We will start with a welcome back day and then move into a review of analysis with a short story. Then the following two weeks will be focused on four different learning adventure choices in order to let you explore what feels good to you at this moment. Everything will be posted in Google Classroom. Please let me know if it is too much or too hard, I am here to help not overwhelm.
7O English (Gunst):
Will be so happy to hear from all of you on Monday. We are all learning together over the next few weeks, but for now I'm just happy to be hearing from all of you.
Geography (Stoller):
Our first few days of Geography will be low key with watching a screencast of a presentation I normally do as part of our Asia unit. Students will then choose one question/topic that want to learn more about and do limited research on that topic. Stay healthy everyone!
Spanish (Landsverk):
¡Hola! For Spanish next week, students will be completing two grammar guides. Packets and the slideshow for completing these can be found on Google Classroom, as well as their homework and Quizlets. Students can feel free to reach out by email with any questions or concerns. 4.1 and 4.2 Tarea can be completed using the Quizlets anytime and many students have already completed them. Gracias.
German:
Students may access all materials on Google classroom. I encourage students to keep fresh the vocabulary we have learned thus far by visiting and using the resources from the entire year. As we start 8th grade next year, we will go back to basics and start at ground level as a review of all material from this year. So I hope this calms any qualms you have about finishing this year.
In order to keep practicing by schedule, I will continue to add items into Google classroom. While they may not be scheduled on your student's particular day, they are scheduled in 2-day increments allowing for the every other day schedule. Please have them complete the activities for their scheduled day. My goal is to provide a weekly video (for listening input) and short materials to practice that.
Originally students were going to practice one more story, but distance learning proves to be a bit more challenging for that. I am being as creative as I can to give them as close to a normal experience as possible. Please contact me if you have any questions!
Science-Putnam
See Google Classroom. We will start fresh with a new unit, Genetics, on March 31st.
Feel free to email with any questions or concerns as we move forward through this process together.
Math - Gratzl:
Deadlines:
-What Do You Expect Review problems assigned on Thursday, April 2nd will be due in my Google Classroom by the end of the day on Monday, April 6th.
Questions to ask:
-What do you know about surface area and volume? (Our next unit will be on those concepts.)
Science- Krucas
Deadlines: The Human Body Systems Project is due Friday, April 6th by 11:59PM. If you are having trouble completing your project due to lack of materials, etc, please reach out to me and let me know. We can create a custom solution!
On the first day of the week I will post a question on google classroom for you to answer. This is just a check-in so that I get to hear from each of you! We are using our time next week to work on your human body systems projects. I will be available to answer questions. Everything we will be working on will be posted in google classroom for you to access. I can't wait to see all of your creative projects!
STEAM
Please watch Google Classroom for information and activities. Ask a lot of questions as we move forward. My "office" hours will be from 10 am to 12 pm daily
No comments:
Post a Comment