Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Farewell from Mr. Rockwell and Mr. Vruwink

Our two long-term substitutes for Laura Stoller and Debe vanSteenderen would like to share some parting words. We thank them both for their wonderful flexibility, dedication, and patience as they jumped into the Shark Tank with ease! We FISH them both the best!

 

Dear 7O Students & Parents,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank all of you for being patient and understanding of the teacher change in Geography this past school year. Ms. Stoller is an outstanding teacher who is really irreplaceable. I have my own style and for some students that can be very difficult. I tried to follow the curriculum as best I could, and my hope was that they would learn as much as they did from Ms. Stoller. It's been a great pleasure for me to be your child's teacher and a part of the learning community at Oregon Middle School. Thank you, again, very much!

 

Sincerely,

Don Vruwink

 



​

Subs Are Not Underwater ALL the Time

t has been a very eventful spring semester for me at OMS. Little did I know that subbing for Ms Van and 7th grade science in January would turn into a long-term assignment.  Although unexpected, I have completely enjoyed my experience working with the kids, teachers and administrators at OMS.  It has been years since I was responsible for a full-time classroom, so I climbed a bit of a learning curve. I am deeply grateful for all the wonderful help I have had from the staff here (especially from Sgt. Manzeck) and the positive feedback from students and parents. 

I have always loved working with young people and the process of teaching and learning.  I know I can never replace what the full-time staff do here,  but I am grateful for the experience of getting to know these wonderful kids and participating in the great learning environment at OMS.  Thanks so much to everyone. Have a great summer. 

Bill Rockwell 


​
All of us here on 7-O wish you a FINtastic summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment